Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Set a Fire Down in My Seoul

Yo yo yo,



Pictures are back! Yay!

These are roughly in chronological order.

Meeting Edward Avila, a semi-famous beauty Youtuber in Korea

Joan Kim! Also a semi-famous, Korean beauty Youtube who is incredibly sweet

Pictures with Joan in Gentle Monster 
New and old friends~


Last day with my first-semester co-teacher (on the right). I miss her!

Papa Rick and I in Seoul

A fancy candle store


Gentle Monster pt. II (with Rick)

Gyeongbokgung Palace! 경복궁 Right next to my school next year

What to get after dinner in Seoul? Gigantic waffles of course

Seoul isn't the only pretty city! Hwangnyongsa Pagoda in Gyeongju! 황룡사


Bulguksa in Gyeongju 불국사


Dabotap 다보탑

Seokgatap 석가탑 




Dad being a dork as usual, but the host fam loved it. My younger host sister Min Yeong 민영

My host mom, Soon 순


My older host sister Min Ju 민주

Cheomseongdae Astronomical Observatory in Gyeongju 첨성대

When you find a nifty bathroom, just take the selfie

Anapji Pond in Gyeongju 안압지


I went to my first drag show ever! It was in Seoul, and it featured Kim Chi and Naomi Smalls from season 8 of Rupaul's Drag Race. Obviously, it was hard to get quality photos in a night club.

Cute burger place in Gyeongju

This is Moon. Sometimes he's nice. Sometimes he's an asshole.

Holi Festival celebration in Busan



Our school dog, Deokdori! 덕돌이!

My friend, Marie, married our Korean friend, Evan, and had a traditional Korean wedding!



Min Yeong 민영 being cute

Commence Cherry Blossom pictures 


Immediately outside my school. Small replicas of the towers from Bulguksa Temple and Cherry Blossom trees!


The view from a window in my school. Minus the telephone wires, it's pretty nice!




My friend Starr looking like a candid AF cowboy





Those are all flower petals


The following pictures are from when some American students came to visit our school! This is my sister Min Ju 민주 being a dork




The chairman of our school welcoming the Democracy Prep HS students



Cherry Blossom everything

A beautiful picture of my friend Jason

Jason in Jeju pt. II

Jason pt. III (this is how he normally looks at me, irritated)

Jason took artistic direction for this shot


My students requested I take a picture like this... so here


Katherine and Rachel (and Mrs. Lee)

Me, Eugene and Jason (hi Sean)


Katie!

Erin, Eugene, Mika, Helen, Jason and I

Are we cute or what? Katie, me, and Mika



One of my few "Gyeongju friends," Lizzie, being the natural-born model she is

Spotted in Busan

Also spotted in Busan. A wild Maddie 




Sometimes I forget that Min Yeong 민영 is still a child

Sports Day shenanigans!


With some precious students!




Golden Bell Challenge!! (The TV show)



This is a bad picture, but Ye Jin 예진 is one of my favorite students!

Another great student, Jeong Eun 정은

This is also a bad picture, but my host sister Min Ju 민주 got interviewed and then danced for everyone! She slayed

Happy birthday, Debbie! (Another rare "Gyeongju Friend")

Not sure if this is legal, but these precious children spotted me eating in McDonalds and kept talking to me through the glass 


A fewllow First Violin, Seon Hui 선희!


My stand partner and friend Han Na 한나!


Min Yeong 민영

The host fam came to my concert!

From my favorite cafe in Gyeongju, Cafe 737!! The owner is so awesome, and he made ALL the decorations in the cafe, including this!

The owner of Cafe 737 studied sculpture in college, and he made all of these astronaut lights as well!




If you made it this far, God Bless! Thank you!


Annyeong Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment